Development kit pmd[vision]® CamBoard pico flexx - 700.000.094
Item number: 103844UPC / EAN: 4250738112186
- 3D camera development kit
- Based on pmd Time-of-Flight (ToF) technology
- Range: 0.1-4 m
- Up to 45 fps
- USB 2.0 powered
- Laser Class 1
- Including powerful software suite
Development kit pmd[vision]® CamBoard pico flexx - 700.000.094The CamBoard pico flexx is a 3D camera development kit based on pmd Time-of-Flight (ToF) technology. It is a slim external USB device, about the size of a pack of gum, for flexible 3D sensing use cases using a VCSEL based IR illumination (Laser Class 1).
The CamBoard pico flexx comes with pmd´s powerful software suite Royale, containing all the logic to operate the 3D camera including a visualization tool, the Royale Viewer. Royale is cross platform compatible and runs on Windows, Linux/ARM, Ubuntu Linux, macOS and Android/ARM. The SDK to develop your own applications is C++ based and supports also several programming languages and libraries like ROS, OpenCV, OpenNI2, Matlab, C, DotNet.
Royale delivers the following data:
- 3D point cloud: X, Y and Z values for every pixel result in a point cloud of the observed scene.
- Gray value: In addition to the Z value, every pixel provides a gray value, which represents the signal strength (amplitude) of the active illumination, so this is an IR gray value image. It can be used for standard 2D image processing and it is perfectly aligned to the depth image. It is also not affected by background light so it is a very robust 2D image in every light condition. This data also directly corresponds to the depth data quality so it gives a performance indication for the depth data.
- Confidence value: This value provides information whether the pixel measured a valid 3D value or whether the 3D data is not reliable due to saturation, underexposure or other reasons.